Monday, February 22, 2010

The Only Way I Manage to Get Stage Time: Karaoke



I was inside an office complex and decided to attend a karaoke night at the Irish pub located there. In the USA I don't usually do karaoke and prefer to do open mics, however there is a total shortage of open-mic nights in Warsaw, and I can't seem to find one that is active. The easy solution is to sing some karaoke. I usually sing the same song, Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers. This song has some very whimsical lyrics including; first born unicorn and many more. It's too bad that this city doesn't offer more options for the amateur actor/performer to hone their skills. This lack of performance venues is one of the things I miss the most about living in the city. Eventually I'll get the courage up to ask a club owner if they wouldn't mind letting me perform in their club on an off-night. It might be difficult as I don't really enjoy performing in Polish, because when I do that I come off as either psychologically challanged, or confused. I shine in the English language and can't imagine having a serious career in Poland, as most work requires one to have a pristine Polish accent, with no hint of foreignness. I'll just keep at it while I can, and someday soon crowds may line up to hear my version of Californication.

No comments: