Friday, March 11, 2011

Recording a Gameshow Pilot



Two weeks ago I was called into the offices of a well-regarded tv and film production company on Warsaw's east side. I entered the building and rode the elevator to the top. I was soon greeted by a man that I had seen a year ago (2010) when I was attending my call-back audition for a new season of a tv show they had been working on for some time. I was asked if I'd be interested in this new project. I said, "yes."

Two weeks later I take a bus across town and arrive in a strange part of southern Warsaw. It's a cold desolate place that reminds me more of Cudahy,WI than the capital of a European nation. There's no sidewalk, so I walk in the dirt and mud to the studio. I enter and discover to my surprise a former member of my comedy group.

We greet each other at a distance. As I look at him I think to myself, "What kind of a small town is this?" As I turn around I see a giant green screen. It will be in front of this that I will stand. It will be here that I will create a tv show pilot. This is my first tv show pilot.

The filming took about 5 hours, and a crew member was kind enough to give me a lift home, all the way across town. Everyone on the crew was really nice, and aside from a moment where everyone lost their mind laughing for no good reason (there was a pun in the script) the recording went smoothly.

3 comments:

MichalS said...

Hey, wasn't Steve (or former member of "your" comedy group) a host of that TV show?

Anonymous said...

yes, MICHAL, i was the STAR of the show!!! as always!!

koolfool said...

very nice.

BTW, I will call on you when I have more detail on the comedy show in Waukesha.